04 January, 2011

Deleting saved form entry(ies) in IE

The WASD keyboard setup is used widely.Image via Wikipedia
In my haste, I make mistakes.

In my hasty typing, I enter wrong accounts or usernames, and with the auto-save turned on, these wrong entries get saved in the form, and they are very troublesome by the next time you open up and use them.

I've lived with them for quite some time, not knowing that there is a solution, and it is a very simple, low-tech solution.

I know. I've done it. I've applied the very simple technique. It requires very simple keystrokes actually.

1. Open up IE, and the form that you want to 'clean up'.
2. At the box where user/account is entered, click to activate the saved entries.
3. Scroll down by pressing the arrow up/down key, and when the item that you want to delete is selected/highlighted, just press the [Delete] button.

Now isn't that a no-brainer thing? I know, but I didn't know any better then. Now I am a better computer user, and at peace having 'cleaned up' my IE forms.

Till then...


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment