16 March, 2020

Ultimate Power Plan in Windows 10


Windows 10 Ultimate Power Plan.

I came across a few articles in the web about this new feature when Windows Update 1909 was released. I became curious, as I continue to explore new ways to speed up laptop and desktop performance, even after a massive upgrade to SSD was carried out in the company where I work in.

And it was easy.

Just open up a command prompt with Administrative privilege, or what others would call an elevated user privilege, and type in below, and hit enter.

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

If you have Control Panel opened up at Power Options, you need to close it first.

When you open up Power Options after this, you would see Ultimate Performance as a new option in the list of power plans. So if Power Options was open when this command is executed, close it, then open it again. That's when you will see it.

Right after the plan was selected, my laptop's screen brightness was set to maximum. I have to quickly turn it down.

Adjust and tweak to your liking, and you are set to experience the Ultimate Performance power plan.

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment