16 January, 2012

Rooting the LG Optimus SOL

LG전자,  ‘옵티머스 솔’ 글로벌 본격 출시Image by LGEPR via FlickrLG전자,  ‘옵티머스 솔’ 글로벌 본격 출시Image by LGEPR via FlickrLG전자,  ‘옵티머스 솔’ 글로벌 본격 출시Image by LGEPR via FlickrEnglish: A photo of Sony Ericsson Xperia neo 中...Image via Wikipedia16-Jan-2012


Even with my recent success in rooting the Samsung Galaxy R, I thought, of course, with much hesitation, of rooting my daughter’s LG Optimus Sol phone. This time around, the anxiety is more, since the unit is no longer mine. Should something happen, my daughter, not to mention my wife, will give me a good scolding. Well, my wife usually give me a good dose when see sees me doing something that she thinks doesn’t benefit anybody in the house. Don’t we men usually go into this kind of preoccupation?

I’m done with the rooting of the Samsung Galary R phone. Now, I’m off to attempt the rooting of the LG Optimus Sol, E730.

I plugged in the device to my laptop using USB connection. I thought it was the same as the other phone: plug, click, wait, watch, success. But, it was a wait, watch, failure!

What has happened?

So it’s true what they say. A freshman enters high school and is blur all throughout the year, and eventually he learns a lot – but not all. Yet, on the second year, he thinks he knows everything already. So the term ‘sophomoric’.

I thought I knew it all about rooting. But I failed.

I tried many times. In fact, SuperOneClick didn’t work. So I tried searching for other one-click rooting tools. I downloaded and tried UnlockRoot, and it also failed. I also tried DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit, but it also failed.

With the use of 3 different one-click rooting tools, and all failing, I was thinking that something else could be the problem. We all think this way when something doesn’t happen the way we want it, don’t we. But when it succeeds, we don’t, right?

Anyway, it took me about 3 days to finally determine that I lack one fundamental requirement for rooting: the USB drivers. And hey, it could not be my entire fault. Plug-and-play dictates that the drivers, not only USB, would be installed when a ‘new’ device is plugged in to a computer – which it didn’t.

Fortunately, I don’t give up that easily. I searched, and searched, and searched, until I found that there is downloadable software from LG: LGMobile Update, and from there, LG PC Suite IV. I was downloading the USB drivers from the LGMobile Update interface, but I found that after installing the LG PC Suite IV software, it did the same, and in auto mode at that. So finally, I got the USB drivers from the LG Optimus Sol device. And all the other drivers specifically designed from the Sol unit.

So what now?

Right after, I made a new attempt to root the device, and guess what. This time, it was a success. Of course, I was inclined to the simpler and more presentable interface of SuperOneClick root-er, so that is what I used, and just like with the Samsung Galary R, I clicked, and waited, and watched, and success!

Next: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V. but I haven’t found any effective rooting program yet for this one. I don’t lose hope. I know it will come. In time.

Till then!
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. I have a LG Optimus Sol, and am very interested in rooting the device - but a problem appeared: I can't seem to find any official copy of the LG PC Suite IV because "the service is not available in your country". I hate living in Romania.
    What do you suggest I should do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yukio. I'm not sure if it is like China, where Google itself is banned to a high degree. If you can access the web, you should be able to download the PC Suite, as this is not an illegal software. If they sell the phone there, there should be support available, including software download. I did go through pain searching the drivers myself. If you spend some time, you will get it. And happy rooting!
    Till then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yukio, I did some searching, and it is also available from external sites, other than LG's very own.
    Check it out: http://www.software112.com/products/lg-pc-suite+download.html.
    Once you install the PC Suite, you'll have access to the USB drivers and all.
    Happy rooting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hello i am having trouble in getting the usb drivers for the same device and having problems in rooting my sol device.can you mail me a detailed procedure on how to root my e730 to my mail .pls it will be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mail is karthik.katz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete