23 February, 2012

Uninstalling Some Android Apps

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA - FEBRUARY 02:  The Google A...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeSecure digital card usb-adapterImage via Wikipedia
21-Feb-2012

I need to free up space on my Android Phone's SD card, even from the device memory space, so I am uninstalling a lot of the apps that I have downloaded and installed some time back, which I thought are nice to have, but I haven't had time to play with them and explore their capabilities. A lot of these are dictionaries and encyclopedias, and boy, encyclopedias easily take up as much as 130MB! And of course, it is the small, small things, when they go by the number, that would come almost unnoticed, but they end up cluttering the Apps Drawer and taking as much space as they can, not to mention the battery drain and data usage spent whenever they get an update.

Well, this time I am removing the apps that I am not using, but will definitely take them up again when the time comes.

Photo Editors
LittlePhoto
Photo Editor Ultimate Free
PicsArt
PicsArt Kids
PicSay

I am retaining Photoshop Express for now.

Notes
FreeNote+
Note Everything
Simply Notes B/W

I retained ColorNote, which I prefer to use for now.

Misc
Funny Facts Free
Today In History
Offline Dictionaries
Inspirational Quotes
Gingerbread Keyboard
mVideoPlayer
plan B


After all the installing and uninstalling done, you might be asking, is there a safe way to uninstall android apps? I'd like to present my method in my next post.

Till then!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment