28 July, 2017

Yahoo Bizmail SMTP Settings Configuration Problem

English: SMTP transfer model Blue arrows can b...
English: SMTP transfer model Blue arrows can be implemented by SMTP variations (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
28-July-2017


Lately, yahoo bizmail SMTP settings or configuration throws error. The password is not being accepted. Despite confirming it to be correct!

And if you try to search for solutions and resolutions, all that will be offered is the usual procedure for setting up a new account, POP e-mail, IMAP e-mail, keying in the user name, full e-mail and password, and the servers:

pop.bizmail.yahoo.com, port 995, SSL security
smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com, port 465, SSL security, if not, TLS and SSL security

and the usual More Settings.

But despite entering, checking and verifying at least 3 times that all the entries are correct, only incoming mail goes okay and Test passes and is marked ‘Completed’, but not for incoming mail, which uses SMTP: it will keep on asking for your password, then eventually, is marked ‘Failed’.

So what really is the problem?

It could be Yahoo SMTP Server problem, as it happened to so many users.

But one solution that I found is this: register inetcomm.dll.

I also needed to use my personal laptop, which has my personal e-mail, so that I cannot touch. But being more comfortable using my own, I just wanted to ‘add in’ my work e-mail using the same application: Microsoft Outlook.

So, I just proceed to add a new account, entered everything correctly, key in my password, and naturally, ran into the SMTP ‘enter password’ issue.

I tried everything that I can find on the web, but nothing. Nada. Zilch. Still the same problem on the SMTP outgoing mail, asking for a password, even though it is the correct password already.

Then I found one article that threw a few possible suggestions, but on top is to register inetcomm.dll:

Open up an elevated-privilege command prompt session
1. Press Windows key + R
2. In the box, type cmd
3. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter

Go to C:\Windows\System32
1. Type C: if you are not in C: drive
2. Type cd\ and press Enter
3. Type cd windows\system32 and press Enter (Windows\System32 also can)
4. Then finally, type regsvr32 inetcomm.dll and press Enter
5. An error will be reported, but just ignore that and close the opened box.

That’s it!

This is all that fixed the problem on the outgoing mails for Yahoo's smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com, using port 465. And I have confirmed it on my own account, as on other users. I am setting up a few laptops running Windows 10 64 bit and using Microsoft Outlook 2010. Mine is Windows 10 64 bit and Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment