04 March, 2013

WORKING SOLUTION: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)

Visual Studio
Visual Studio (Photo credit: Jonathan Caves)
04-Mar-2013


Last week there were some issues that came up while I was editing one of my intranet sites, and there was one particular error that came up:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)

It was pointing to some dll errors, and the particular dll being pointed at, I deleted and added, repeatedly.

The same error I got, and again, I would have to keep my hands off my head, or I would be pulling my hairs. And why not, the IDE is simply telling me that this certain “ABC.dll” is the culprit, but fixing it the normal way, deleting and adding, offers no resolution at all.

It didn’t take me long to consider checking from the web anything that might be of help, and as quickly as I decided, quickly did I find the help that I just needed.

The article pointed to some temporary files that have to be deleted, so that the IDE (I was in debug mode) could rebuild everything from scratch. “Oh boy,” I thought, “this is something like rebooting a computer to rebuild once again system files.” And I followed the instruction presented in that short article.

And true enough, after deleting the temporary files in the Framework folder, the error was gone, and I was sent back on my way to successful coding.

And so this is what I want to share, as it might be of help to anybody and everybody.

Till then!

Reference:
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)
Enhanced by Zemanta