14 July, 2014

Code 13EC - error installing VS2010 SP1 Update

Visual Studio
Visual Studio (Photo credit: Jonathan Caves)
14-July-2014


For a time and a season, I struggled with this error code, Code 13EC, which is related to the installation of Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Update.

Not that it happens to all computers that carries Visual Studio 2010, but to one, or two.

So it beats me to some confusion, what's wrong?

Try as I will, whenever I have time, the result is the same: Code 13EC, error installing Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Update.

The Best System Optimize Software

If I am not mistaken, whenever there is some update for Windows, this KB is included, and every time, it would fail. What's wrong?

I searched, and found some articles, but none helped. It helped others, but not me.

Then while doing some other updates, which was not coursed through Windows Update, I just thought of 'hitching' this particular update to the batch, which is using MS Web Platform Installer. My guess and trial was backed by my finding the same update when I searched for updates using that particular application.

And... voila!

It worked!

And did I try it on the other computers? You betcha! And it worked also!

So if you are getting Code 13EC, error installing Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Update, try MS Web Platform Installer. It just might be the answer to your problem.

Who knows?

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment